Sunday, October 02, 2011

One-On-Bob

I like to take our each of our malamutes out individually. you'd probably call that a day of One-On-One, we call it a day of One-On-Bob. One-On-Bob days are a special experience because we have 3 of our own dogs, plus a foster or two. I find it boosts the bond between each dog and myself, its more enjoyable sometimes just to have one dog because its easier to care for just one dog and much simpler when afield, and boosts the confidence of our shy dogs to run free. To go out individually is a rare treat for the foster dog and a real good one at that. We should do this more often, it really helps in managing the foster dog, but we seldom do, I guess we'd rather take our own malamutes out individually.

Today I took Healy out by herself. About 4 miles into the hike, in the tundra, I let her off her leash to run loose.


She played bumper pool with my legs for a bit then realized she really was free. She took off running like the Greek fleet footed god Mercury.



They show their thanks for a One-On-Bob day in many ways. For Healy you just need to look into her face and watch her tail.


Thanks Healy, what a great day to connect.

No comments: