Thursday, November 25, 2010

35th Annual

Today marks the 35th annual ski on Thanksgiving Day. I started back in college and I am still going. I remember bumping into Will Putman someplace in Fairbanks sometime after I arrived and we skied at his house for years. I remember a memorable ski up from my place in Fairbanks near the Old Nenana and Henderson Road up to the top of Ester Dome. But most of all I remember having a dinner afterwards with friends and being thankful for all the happiness of the day.

It was a great day, we had a big storm blow through that brought rain, high winds and lots of warmth. We almost lost our snow pack. Today we woke up to 4 inches of wet snow. After breakfast we put it to good use. :) Its still snowing now, so far the storm total is about 10 inches. I suppose it'll go all night.

After the storm earlier in the week, this is plenty to be thankful for.

3 comments:

Snowbomb500 said...

Happy Thanksgiving from Jon, Jessica and Sam.

Snowbomb500 said...

Happy Thanksgiving from Jon, Jessica & Sam.

funhog and fundogs said...

Wishing you and your family Jon a very happy thanksgiving and warm winter.