Friday, September 11, 2009

Last Weekend of Summer

We decided to spend our last weekend of summer east of Denali National
Park in the Alaska Range soaking up the sun and fall colors.

Here's Valley right before our camp:


Two Lovebirds in Camp:


Jago(Babe) out on patrol around camp while we are cooking:


Rocket with his turn checking things out during our breakfast


Out on a day hike from camp, entering a hanging canyon:


Valley settling down for lunch:


Here are some caribou we scared up.


Happy Valley at the head of the hanging valley.


View out the opposite direction:


All things must end, here we are on the way out.


Big dogs are really small dogs in the big picture. Looking out into
Denali National Park and the Parks highway.


It was one of our best summers ever, we are looking forward to an
early winter season with lots of skijoring.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

So, funhog, will you do me a favor?

My sweet Cora is a rescue from Ohio. She was billed as an Aussie but as she has HUGE paws and as soon as I started teaching her mushing commands, she reacted as if I'd discovered the secret to her soul. Some people think she's part Husky, but every time I see a Malamute, I get a picture of Cora in my mind.

I've got a shot of her on this post:
http://ez4me2say.blogspot.com/2009/09/guest-blogger-cora-speaks.html

She's 50+ pounds, not that not tall but she's strong like a bull and she does love her job in "lead."

Would you mind having a look and letting me know what you think? I don't know any Mal owners, probably because I don't live far enough up north (just Minnesota). So, I'm asking you.

Feel free to email me your answer!

Thanks! Love your blog. Absolutely love it.

Kathleen

funhog and fundogs said...

okie dokie I sent you an email :)