Monday, July 27, 2009

North of Denali State Park

I been thinking with the building of the Anc to Fai intertie a number of years ago there should be some trails into the NW Talkeetna Mountains north of Denali State Park. So with a free weekend, I tried out a candidate since I have been itching to get in there for quite some time. success!

You can see the 4 wheeler trail in the foreground which eventually leads to the left



You knew there had to be some dog photos in here someplace :) Rock on the left,


Scree on the Right



Up at the head of the Valley this on the right


and on the left


and this lake below them.



Looking back the way I came.



There seemed to be considerable traffic, enough to place a foot path in places, in this valley. I saw some kids on a quad down near the highway but nobody in the valley.

what a find, now I suspect there are similar quad tracks towards the NW Talkeetnas spread up towards Cantwell. I am beginning to think there is probably one back of the Igloo?

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Sigh...
Do you take visitors? =^)
Gorgeous photos and great post!
Thanks!

funhog and fundogs said...

We have visitors all the time, when are you coming? :)