Sunday, November 25, 2007

Chema

I took Chema backcountry skiing today, it was his first time and I didn't know what to expect. I was hoping for the best and I got it. I was worried when I dug the snow pit for the Chugach National Forest Snow Observers Program, he might try to run off, bother me in the pit or chew his rope, but he just sat next to my pack while I worked away. You can see he's kind of got the Goretex Suit thing going with all the snow falling.







Then I skied back down the hill and he followed. I was worried he might run off, but he's into following me. Even when he ran ahead, I called him back, he was happy to follow me .






















what could a better day with a face like this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - awesome blog and dogs! Chema looks like a great dog. Do you guys end up with adopting dogs to folks outside of AK? I live in colorado (mountains above boulder), and have been thinking of rescuing a malamute for a long time, into BC skiing, hiking, running etc. Cheers, Fred